Friday, August 21, 2009

Brushes, ink, and such...

Your brush is very important, it's needed to get a really good fine line. I knew some students who swore by foam brushes for drawing with ink, but I have never found a love for it personally. It is important to get good ink to, if it wont flow right, it wont draw right. This seemed to be the main focus of talking about materials. Then there were pens. I have always liked sharpie and micron myself, but at the same time pen is just fun to draw with in general. Brush pens are very nice, but they always let out to much ink to fast for me. Either way the talk about materials in class today was pretty informative learning were to find what and how to look for quality.

3 comments:

  1. Do you have a favorite pen that you use?
    I have always loved the cheap old Bic pens. Fine point is best. Hate the medium point. I can get a Bic to shade like a pencil with a light touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive found that bics are good for that but like I said in class, microns are my favorites, you cant shade but I'm a cross hatching kind of guy my self anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good, crosshatching is a hard skill to master.

    ReplyDelete